Re: (PM) L2TP

Al Hopper (al@logical-approach.com)
Sun, 19 Jul 1998 08:29:42 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 13 Jul 1998, Andy Mell wrote:

> > > Big deal. It is already in the manual.
> >
> > Huge deal. Do you know how bad it looks for product to be sold with a
> > BROKEN feature? Dont tell me you never typed help ??? to remind yourself
> > of the syntax. I got customer complaints on it. They have to either FIND a
> > manual or fire up netscape.
>
> I have just been looking round the web at spec sheets for other small
> office access routers (ascend,cisco,bay) and I am sorry to say that the
> livingston OR is beginning to look like an expensive pile of poo with no
> future.
>
> I like livingston products for their reliability but they are obviously so
> far behind in this respect that I will not be buying any more ORs until we
> see more commitment from Livingston.

Same here. The OR-U is sold at a premium price point, but the feature
set does not measure up. If they dropped the price by about $200
(street) I'd feel much better about the existing product.

Then (Livingston, please) bring out a new premium model at the existing
price point. I'd like to see this model ship with SIMM slots, two POTS
ports, BACP, NAT and VPN. I'd also like to see it future proffed with
enough CPU horsepower to give it a useful life expectancy.

I've been waiting for BACP, NAT and VPN for a long time..... We need
these features just to keep up with the competition.

Al Hopper Logical Approach Inc, Plano, TX. al@logical-approach.com
(972)-379-2133 or (972)-849-5765. Fax 972-379-2134
Humbled by BGP version 4.