RE: (PM) Speed Limitation

Eric Calvert (eric@caveland.net)
Fri, 17 Jul 1998 14:06:51 -0500

File Not Found -- 404
You were attempting to access http://www.livingston.com/Tech/Docs/manuals,
which no longer exists on this server.

So much for your link...

> you would
> like to look them over). You can set users so
> that they get
> billed at their normal flat rate for 14.4K connects but can dial in at
> higher speeds and then bet billed on a different rate (per byte, pre hour,
> per min). You need a PM3 to do this since it reports connect rate. This
> would allow your customers to attach at a higher speeds as their demands
> needed and be automatically billed for it. The same goes for
> ISDN also. If
> the users go to a friends house that has ISDN they could use it to log in
> and get a per min charge for ISDN but still have flat rate for Async.
>

> Tom

That's all fine and dandy, but what if someone needed a solution now? A
couple of weeks ago, Lucent told me that ABM was still 2-3 months away.

Eric Calvert
Caveland Connection
http://www.caveland.net