Re: (PM) Two weeks later, and still no working ComOS

jon-lists (jonlist@flanet.com)
Fri, 17 Jul 1998 14:38:57 -0400

This all sounds familiar...

We're going to be selling systems and I'm specing out modems to connect to
our PM3 (running 3.7.2c3 currently becuase 3.8bXX is just giving me too
many v.34 woes..) and I'm having tough times...

LT Winmodem inside Winbook XL - NO K56Flex .. connects at 31.2K tops,
sometimes wont handshake correctly.

Paradise PCI, using LT Winmodem drivers, same story as the LT Winmodem in
the laptop.

ISA Winmodem using PCTel chipset (Archtek SmartLink 5634BPV?), pretty much
the same story as the LT Winmodems, connects at 31.2...

MaxTech K56Flex ISA - This one got 44K-46K pretty solidly, it had handshake
problems a couple times though.

My Zoom K56Flex external I brought in from home - it connects RELIGIOUSLY
at 44K-46K...

All these modem were using the exact same phone line for testing, so I know
that's not the problem.. I've got a couple more modems on the way.. so I'll
be testing those as well...

When we temporarily had the 3.8 betas in there for v.90, we had some people
with v.90 modems that were connecting up fine. Actually, I had one call
complaining that I took out the v.90 code.. :) he was getting like 46666
and 49333 connects I think... I explained the situation and he understood
thank god...