Re: (PM) Really weird problem

I don't work for Lucent RABU (livingston@iav.com)
Thu, 16 Jul 1998 01:29:00 -1000 (HST)

On Wed, 15 Jul 1998, David Glynn wrote:

> I've never seen one like this. Maybe someone else can give me a hint.
>
> PM-3, CT-1, ComOS 3.8b13, everything working as well as can be expected in
> GTE country. We have one user with a Sony VAIO desktop computer who cannot
> connect, either with the Sony modem or an external modem we attached. PPP
> decode gives us a username that looks like gibberish, made up of such
> exotic characters as over bars, and even what appears to be an italic f,
> and the password looks to be the same type of gibberish. Ripped out and
> replaced DUN, same result. Upgraded to DUN 1.2, applying the TCP upgrade
> beforehand, still the same results.

first try hyperterminal... does things come out correctly?

if so, then:

redo the DUN 1.2 and winsock2 upgrade
take out Dialup adapter #1, vpn adapter etc...
leave in Dialup adapter #2 (the one with vpn support)
remove the connectoid and remake it.

the test again to see if it sends text correctly...

--
Aloha from Paradise,

Sherwood