Re: (PM) What external modem do you like?

Mark Zedwick (zedwickm@proaxis.com)
Wed, 15 Jul 1998 13:57:07 -0700

<FLAME>
Too bad the multitechs don't use standard AT commands for a tone of things,
and have trouble connecting if the phone lines aren't steller.
</FLAME>

Sorry about that. I have found that the Supra FAX modems will get and stay
connected when most modems won't. Not the Supra Express, not the 56k
modems, but the Supra FAX 33.6k modems are rock solid for us here. We use
them as the testing standard everywhere we go. They are tough to find
nowadays, though. Supra has gone for the cheap el'crappo Express modems.

At 11:14 AM 7/15/98 -0700, you wrote:
>On Wed, 15 Jul 1998, James Sheppard wrote:
>
>> I would like to know what external modems you would choose for your
>> portmaster? I guess you PM3 guys don't have to ask this question. On the
>> other hand I can see that owning a PM3 isn't utopia either. :)
>
>My personal perferance from when I was at an ISP was Multi-Tech. They
>make a good range of modems both in external and rackmount. They even
>have cages to rack mount their externals using 12 per powersupply.
>
>Tom
>
>----
>Thomas C Kinnen - <tom@lcp.livingston.com>
>[Test Engineer] - LUCENT Technologies - Remote Access Business Unit
><URL:http://www.livingston.com/> * <URL:http://www.lucent.com/dns/>
>
>-
>To unsubscribe, email 'majordomo@livingston.com' with
>'unsubscribe portmaster-users' in the body of the message.

"Minds are like Parachutes. Open or closed, they only function if you use them."