Re: (PM) remote monitoring

Xavier Mertens (xavier@euro.net)
Mon, 13 Jul 1998 20:58:49 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 13 Jul 1998, I don't work for Lucent RABU wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Jul 1998, Xavier Mertens wrote:
>
> > As explained on the Livingston web site, I configured an old PM2e as a
> > "global console". I created users who are automagically connected to the
> > right ports etc... But I've a problem. On S0 is connected a VT100.
> >
> > When I log via the VT100 console with a user X, the connection is opened
> > to the port X but... I cannot close the connection!!!! CTRL-] are passed
> > thru the port!!!! Any idea????
>
> Have you tried
>
> ^]
> telnet> send esc
>
> I can't duplicate to test, but on the PM3s I know that shuts the
> connection on the PM3...

I know but ^] does not work! A ']' is passed thru the serial port! :-(

                                         .   .
Xavier Mertens,                     .     EuroNet Internet
Network Operation Center          .       Lozenberg, 22
                                 .        1932 Zaventem
`finger xavier@oban.euronet.be` .         Tel: +32 2 7171717