Re: Fwd: (PM) Win95 DUN MP too slow

Tom (tom@sdf.com)
Sat, 11 Jul 1998 18:09:55 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 11 Jul 1998, Jason Aarons, MCSE wrote:

> Out of curiosity have you tried Win98, to see if it is the same ?
>
> I think the problem has to do with the fact that load balancing IP isn't
> quite there yet. Since your running serial connections as opposed to
> parallel connections you have to wait for an TCP Acknowledgment on one
> line or the other when using HTTP. Does UDP throughput run any faster
> ? ie RealAudio with UDP ? I'm curious myself...

I'd like to see one of these "parallel" connections you are talking
about here, and how they are better than a serial link.

TCP should perform better than UDP, because TCP uses windowing. If you
are using smart TCP stacks, the window will be expanding. Load balancing
can't get the latency down (for any protocol).

> Can you provide a trace ? (Do a search on EtherBoy)
>
> Jason Aarons, MCSE

Tom