Re: (PM) SECURITY PROBLEM.

Andrew Doolittle (andy@livingston.com)
Fri, 10 Jul 1998 11:52:26 -0700

At 11:53 AM 7/9/98 -0400, Stephen Zedalis wrote:

>On Thu, 9 Jul 1998, Jeff Haas wrote:
>
>>On Wed, Jul 08, 1998 at 08:41:56AM -0500, Jake Messinger wrote:
>>> WOAH! I just reproduced it on 3.7.2. I telnettetted BACK in, and before I
>>> even typed !root to log in, I was getting debug info. Is that what youare
>>> talking about?
>>
>>This has been in there since at least 3.1.2 - which is when I
>>started working on PM's.
>
>Yet as the response from Mr. Gardner suggests, there is no security bug
>here as suggested by the Subject line.

If you had bothered to look at which subject line - and conversation thread
- Mr. Gardner responded to, you'd know he was talking about a different
issue. If you're going to jump back and forth between threads, at least
maintain the context therein.

>-
>To unsubscribe, email 'majordomo@livingston.com' with
>'unsubscribe portmaster-users' in the body of the message.

andy
++++

NOC Advocate andy@livingston.com
Lucent Technologies, Remote Access Business Unit (510)737-2151
4464 Willow Road http://www.livingston.com
Pleasanton, CA 94588 http://www.lucent.com