Re: (PM) BRIs on OR-U/PM2 revisited

Robert M. Zachok (rmz@exit109.com)
Fri, 10 Jul 1998 10:54:37 -0400

Rod:
We saw the memory leak problem in 3.7.2 on two PM-2s. The bottom line:

It was a ComOS bug that was triggered by an unreliable BRI from Bell
Atlantic. Each time the circuit flopped, we lost memory. I took a couple
of days to hang the box (4MB). When we had them test & repair the circuit,
the memory leak problem went away.
Our take was "yes, it's a bug, but if the circuit is stable, it doesn't
manifest itself".

YMMV on the OR-U, but that's been our experience with PM2s.

Bob

On Thu, 9 Jul 1998 Hewitt, Rod" <Rod@cbsi.net> wrote:
>Since we had a debate last week about the lack of stability of the BRI
>interface in ComOS 3.7 and this week I actually got to telnet into a router
>that had screwed up as a result of the memory leak in ComOS 3.7, I thought
>I'd pass along the debug info I got out of the box.
>
>Obviously, I passed this info along to support@livingston.com, but if
>someone from Lucent RABU reading the list can shed some light on what this
>means (especially the sh isdn and sh isdn d0 commands), I'm sure it would
>help the cause.
[snip]