Re: (PM) Feature Request (was SECURITY PROBLEM.)

Andrew Doolittle (andy@livingston.com)
Thu, 09 Jul 1998 11:42:59 -0700

Actually, if you follow the citations, Scott was saying that the PPP
decoder ring only works with ComOS 3.8 or later. The original bug, which
is completely unrelated to the decoder ring, was lost in this particular
thread a long time ago.

At 11:07 PM 7/8/98 -0400, Stephen Zedalis wrote:

>So what you are saying is that ALL your release (non-beta) versions of
>ComOS have this bug and there is no resolution. And from the suggestion
>to use the Java tools even though they only work on an as of yet
>unreleased version of ComOS, there isn't going to be one either. And
>given all the focus on the PM-3 and its V.90/V.34 problems, its gonna be
>awhile til you see a resolution for the lowly PM-2's, etc. since they will
>get ComOS 3.8 after you get the PM-3s squared away as you guys have stated
>before. Man this makes the red LED issue seem insignificant. This ought
>to have a big Warning label in your Command Line Administrator's Guide,
>Troubleshooting Guide, etc.
>
>On Wed, 8 Jul 1998, D. Scott Gardner wrote:
>
>>Versions of the ComOS earlier than 3.8 do not have the necessary hooks
>>for our Java applications to perform either monitoring or debugging.
>
>-
>To unsubscribe, email 'majordomo@livingston.com' with
>'unsubscribe portmaster-users' in the body of the message.

andy
++++

NOC Advocate andy@livingston.com
Lucent Technologies, Remote Access Business Unit (510)737-2151
4464 Willow Road http://www.livingston.com
Pleasanton, CA 94588 http://www.lucent.com