RE: (PM) Red LED untrusted...

Mikael Hugo (mikael.hugo@dataphone.net)
Wed, 8 Jul 1998 15:39:42 +0200

It can be a little annoying sometimes, because we use "remote hands" at
some locations, and they see the red lamp and call us. Every time a new
technician start at a place we get a call.

It doesent affect anything, and the PMs work great even though.

Mikael Hugo

dataphone communication networks
http://www.dataphone.net

tel 08 - 566 106 00 / 031 - 758 06 00 / 042 - 698 06 00
fax 08 - 566 106 01 / 031 - 758 06 01 / 042 - 698 06 01

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen Zedalis [mailto:tintype@exis.net]
Sent: Wednesday, July 08, 1998 2:57 PM
To: major
Cc: Mark O'Leary; portmaster-users@livingston.com
Subject: Re: (PM) Red LED untrusted...

It isn't just two ISP's with the problem. Its several and it seems to
occur or get worse when using beta 3.8 versions. I've seen numerous "me
too"'s in the last couple of days. The portmaster appears to be at
fault
since the red light is on and there is absolutely nothing wrong with the
telco circuit according to the telco AND according to the PM-3 itself
when
reporting D channel and line conditions. I think it probably goes red
when there is a problem, but it isn't clearing when line conditions
improve. If this is not a bug but a feature to tell you there WAS a
problem, then it needs a "clear stupid little red LED" command or an
alarm
acknowledged command. Its an annoyance but not a serious problem. I
don't even know if its worth a trouble call to Lucent. Don't get me
wrong, the PM-3's are great equipment. I'm not saying the hardware is a
fault, just probably the software which I lump together in the category
of
equipment. Jeez, lighten up.