RE: (PM) Modemcards hang in PM3

Oystein Homelien (oystein@homelien.no)
Wed, 8 Jul 1998 04:23:50 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 7 Jul 1998, Damir Sabol wrote:

> Yesterday, red LED on Line0 came up (meaning that D channel is not
> up), but everything was working fine - ISDN and analog users were able
> to log in. 'Show Line0' showed that PRI was up and operational. After
> the soft reset, Red LED was still up. After the hard reset it went away.
> Only the Green LED was ON, as it should be.

I have completely stopped trusting the red LEDs. As far as I know they
are supposed to indicate an error situation, but in our case they light up
when the unit is powered on, and sometimes never go off.

A couple of hard reboots eventually makes the problem go away until the
next (soft/hard) reboot. Right now, for instance, I have a line0 red LED
which is lit, but line0 is showing: (the LED's been on since the unit was
booted, btw)

---------------------- line0 - E1 Primary Rate ISDN ---------------

Violations
-----------------------------
Bipolar 0
CRC4 0
E-bit 0
FAS bit 0

There are no more complaints than usual when the red LEDs are on, so I
stick to trusting the "show linex" output. In other words: Livingston,
please fix the red LEDs or tell me what they are supposed to indicate! :)

Oystein Homelien | oystein@powertech.no
PowerTech Information Systems AS | http://www.powertech.no/
Nedre Slottsgate 5, N-0157 OSLO | tel: +47-23-010-010, fax: +47-2220-0333