RE: (PM) Modemcards hang in PM3

Damir Sabol (damir@iskon.hr)
Tue, 07 Jul 1998 17:56:33 +0200

At 08:52 07/07/1998 +0100, Adrian Rowley wrote:
>We are using several PM3s on our site. One of them has some strange
>problems.
>
>Sometimes the system only accepts ISDN calls, and when you dial in with
>a analog connection phone/modem you get no tone.
>
>Rebooting the unit softly doesent help. Only a hard reset helps the
>problem.
>
>Has anyone got a clue to what it is? We get the error using all comos
>versions. We run normal euroisdn back to back with an Ericsson AXE.

We are having strange problems here. We started getting fast busy signals
today on our PRI (EuroISDN). After the hard reset, it came back normaly.
This happened twice in the last 3 weeks. First, with 3.7.2c3 and now with
3.8.b13.

Yesterday, red LED on Line0 came up (meaning that D channel is not
up), but everything was working fine - ISDN and analog users were able
to log in. 'Show Line0' showed that PRI was up and operational. After
the soft reset, Red LED was still up. After the hard reset it went away.
Only the Green LED was ON, as it should be.

Could D channel be down with everything working normaly?
Did anyone had similar problems?

Damir Sabol
Iskon d.o.o.
Zagreb, Croatia