Re: (PM) Which router to use for BGP-4?

Jordyn A. Buchanan (jordyn@bestweb.net)
Fri, 3 Jul 1998 18:39:47 -0400

At 3:31 PM -0700 7/3/98, Chad Scott wrote:
>On 3 Jul 1998, Jordyn A. Buchanan wrote:
>
>> False...
>
>> I don't think you can cram more than one view into 32 megs under 11.2, and
>> maybe not even one these days. Admittedly, there's not a lot of memory to
>> spare in the above configuration, but it works.
>
>I'd start with 32MB on a Cisco just for buffer space, etc.

32 or 64? 32 is pretty much the minimum on a Cisco, but the recommendation
of 64 is probably good. It's *possible* to do two views in 32 MB of RAM,
but it's certainly advisable to have more memory than that. It's just that
if you happen to have a 4500-M lying around, you can't do any better than
32 MB...

Jordyn

|Jordyn A. Buchanan mailto:jordyn@bestweb.net |
|Bestweb Corporation http://www.bestweb.net |
|Director of Technology +1.914.271.4500 |