Re: (PM) 3.8b17 - SlIp

Chad Scott (chads@livingston.com)
Fri, 3 Jul 1998 15:22:19 -0700 (PDT)

On 3 Jul 1998, Don Lashier wrote:

> I agree. Priority should have been given to just adding the
> v.90 support, which apparantly works more or less ok. The problem
> is the revamp of the v.34 modem code which broke it and keeps us
> from offering v.90 to our customers. I wish they would just plug
> the old v.34 code back in and do an interim release, but I don't
> know if this is technically feasible or not.

Guys, you're missing somethere here. A separate division of Lucent is
developing the code for the DSPs. They've added v.90 and that caused some
of the v.34 code to not work as well as it should. They're working on the
problem and we're helping them to test.

If you want the old v.34 code, go back to the last official release of
ComOS.

Whenever you make a major change to your code (and yes, adding v.90 is a
major change) you indirectly cause bugs in other modules of the code
because (especially in a DSP) all the modules work together. They're
working on it as fast as they can, they're working to make it right, and
they'll be done when they're done.

Chad Scott
Beta Engineer
Lucent Technologies