Re: (PM) DUN Connection Problem

Christopher Ostmo (costmo@rosenet.net)
Wed, 1 Jul 1998 13:27:41 -0800

On 30 Jun 98, Jake Messinger telekinetically manipulated the keyboard to type:

> On Tue, 30 Jun 1998, Scot W. Hetzel wrote:
>
> > As, I had said, we added it, and he still had no list of "Allowed network
> > protocols" under Server Types.
>
> Go look at the NETWORK settings and make sure there is a separate TCPIP
> for the dial up adapter:
>
> TCPIP ---> Dial Up Adapter

If only one adapter and one protocol are installed, you will not see
Protocol --> Adapter

This is normal, so if their is only one protocol and one adapter installed, don't
worry if they are alone and on separate configuration lines.

In most cases, you only see
Protocol --> Adapter
if you have more than one adapter (i.e. a LAN card and a modem).

> Then look at the properties for the Dial-up Adapter and make sure it is
> bound to the TCPIP stack.

My experience with this problem usually reveals a problem as listed above
(Dial-Up Adapter Properties, Bindings tab does not have TCP/IP or any other
protocol selected).

You should also verify the dates and sizes of the important TCP/IP files
(winsock.dll, wsock.dll, wsock32.dll, etc.) to make sure they all match for
this particular Windows version.

I hope this helps...

Christopher Ostmo
a.k.a. costmo@rosenet.net