Re: (PM) Re: Livingston Portmaster - ISN generation is loosy!

John Storms (jstorms@livingston.com)
Wed, 01 Jul 1998 10:53:52 -0700

At 11:29 AM 7/1/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Is Livingston going to address this major security problem

Yes, we are fixing it. Security issues always get a high priority.

>with an interim release, or is it going to be the same old
>"ready when it's ready" crap??

I don't know when or how its going to be released, but it will be "ready
when it's ready". Unless people would like us to change our TCP/IP
implementation w/o testing the snot out of it. A small bug here could have
a ripple effect throughout the entire system, then we'd see some real "crap".

---
jstorms@lucent.com
Diplomacy:  The art of saying good doggie
while seaching for a big rock.