Re: (PM) We downgraded away from ComOS 3.8b17

Robert Boyle (robert@garden.net)
Tue, 30 Jun 1998 22:14:24 -0400

At 09:55 PM 6/30/98 -0400, you wrote:
>We've found a problem that we can't live with, and can
>reproduce it. A user logs into a b17 pm3 and cannot
>negotiate a connection. This is with Win95, k56 modem,
>and ComOS3.8b17, 2 PRI's.
>
>The problem: The user can login to a pm3 in another city,
>running ComOS 3.8-v90b14/9805131434 (actually b16 straight
>from livingston at one point), and everything works fine.
>When he hits a b17 pm3, random junk characters like ^P^}^J^H
>get inserted throughout his username in the PAP REQ, so radius
>denies him access at that pm3. Again, he can hang up, change
>the phone number to the ComOS 3.8-v90b14/9805131434 pm3, and
>dial in and negotiate a connection fine.
>
>Is this a known bug ?

Yes. We also had this same problem. Within 10 minutes after we upgraded to
b17 we received about 50 support calls with the error mentioned above. We
downgraded and everyone was able to connect without incident. I will not
run b17 on any of our boxes again until there is a newer released version.
b17 broke more than it fixed imho.

-Robert

Robert Boyle Server Co-location,
Garden Networks Internet Access,
50 Diller Ave Development & Consulting
Newton, NJ 07860 (973)300-9211 Ext.103
8AM-8PM Mon-Fri EST http://www.garden.net
Lucent RABU & Software.Com Post.Office VAR