Re: (PM) DUN Connection Problem

Mia's Virtual Post Office (list@mia.net)
Tue, 30 Jun 98 11:17:26 -0000

Scot W. Hetzel said on 6/30/98 3:27 PM

>From: Jake Messinger <jake@ams.com>
>>On Tue, 30 Jun 1998, Scot W. Hetzel wrote:
>>
>>> I hope this isn't to far off topic. But yesterday I was helping a
>customer
>>
>>Yah its pretty far, but Ill assume he/she is dialing into a pm product.
>>
>A PM3.
>
>>> set up his DUN connection under Win 95B. He has DUN installed, TCP/IP in
>>> stalled. But when he looked at the server types for the properties of
>his
>>> connection all he saw is:
>>>
>>> Type of Dial-Up Server: DEFAULT
>>
>>Is this the only type? You should be able to choose from 3 types.
>>
>The only one he saw.
>

>>> That's all, he doesn't see "Allowed network protocols" under Server
>Types.
>>> When he clicks OK, he receives "Dial-Up Networking requires at least one
>>> network protocol. Select one from the list.", and there is no list to
>select
>>> from.
>>
>>This means TCPIP is NOT installed for that dial-up adapter. Go to Control
>>Panel, Network, see if there is TCPIP for the dial-up adapter, if NOT, add
>>it.
>>
>As, I had said, we added it, and he still had no list of "Allowed network
>protocols" under Server Types.

Remove every single protocol and network component from the Network
Control Panel and reboot. Then add one by one. Client for Microcrap
Networks, Dialup adapter, and TCP/IP and reboot.

jer

Ameritech, Our Link To Disaster

"On a day no different than the one now dawning, Leonardo drew the first
strokes of the Mona Lisa, Shakespeare wrote the first words of Hamlet, and
Beethoven began work on his Ninth Symphony." And Windows98 Crashed!