Re: (PM) ITU v.90 info

Patrick Kormann (pkormann@datacomm.ch)
Tue, 30 Jun 1998 10:00:46 +0200

At 17:45 29.06.98 -0700, Russ Taylor wrote:

>I honestly don't see how anyone can look at the rubble that is b17 and go=
=20
>"Oh, Livingston is doing a fine job!". Regardless of their past record=20
>(which I'd say is excellent), they have dropped the ball -- and I would=20
>say badly -- on the issue of v.90 support.

Unfortunately, that isn't really everything.. We're hunting after each and
every beta because we hope that the modem code might finally become better.
we have lots and lots of customers that have problems to connect. others
don't even recognize they are only connected with 9600 or maybe mit 14'400
without error correction or whatever. they just think, we are slow... I
have to say, that's one issue we hardly ever had when we were using
equipment with external 'standalone' modems.=20
Another problem we still have is that (with b13) the pm suddenly stopps
taking calls... the line is up, everything looks fine, but you have to
reboot it to make it take calls again.=20

Mit freundlichen Gr=FCssen

Patrick Kormann
DataComm (Schweiz) AG
Projektleiter Technik=20

---
PGP Fingerprint: B52F 7B90 0DDE AADE A388  1E9B 43A6 5555 FC47 04EB