Re: (PM) IRX-114 and T1 setup problem

Michael J. Hartwick (hartwick@primeline.net)
Sun, 28 Jun 1998 18:47:46 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 28 Jun 1998, Jack Cole wrote:

> >> Command> show netstat
> >> Name Ipkts Ierrs Opkts Oerrs Collis Resets Queue
> >> ether0 0 0 11261 0 0 0 0
> >> frm1 0 0 30 0 0 0 0
> >
> >Hrm.
> >
> > Doesn't look like its receiving LMI.

If it wasn't getting LMI the link wouldn't make it to the
established phase. This part is easy enough to check, set
console and set debug 0x51 and wait a minute or so. You should
see something like:
(W1) Annex-D: Sending Full Status Enquiry - Sequence 104
(W1) LMI-AnnexD: Received Full Status - Sequence 76
DLCI List: 17
(W1) Annex-D: Sending Sequence Exchange - Sequence 105
(W1) LMI-AnnexD: Received Sequence Exchange - Sequence 77
If you are getting that you are talking to the switch and it
looks like the line is coming up.

> Even if my routing tables are screwed up, it should show incoming packets on
> the frame port if I try to ping from the outside shouldn't it?

If the other end knows how to talk to this end I would say you
should be seeing incoming packets. I noticed from your original
email that you are running RIP over that link. Could RIP be
causing the routing table at the other end to get hosed?

Hope that this helps.

Michael