Re: (PM) PM2 with BRI cards (fwd)

Chad Scott (chads@livingston.com)
Sat, 27 Jun 1998 15:27:34 -0700 (PDT)

On 27 Jun 1998, Jon Lewis wrote:

> On Sat, 27 Jun 1998, MegaZone wrote:
>
> > Yeah, right - have some ignorant FUD. There is enough bullshit without
> > someone spreading ignorant, baseless comments like this. Wah! I'm
> > having problems that haven't been fixed, so I'm going to whine and try
> > to cause a false panic to get my revenge. Oh, grow up.
>
> Baseless is in the eye of the beholder. Have you been bitten by the same
> ComOS ISDN bugs for > 6 months? Has Livingston stopped talking to you
> about the problem?

Can you be more specific about the "ISDN bugs" you're referring to?
Support isn't psychic (although it seems that way to some of us) and they
can't just pull the correct answer out of thin air. You need to help the
support crew out as much as you can: run the box in debug mode and capture
the data until it fails or has its problem. Then call support and inform
them that you've got debug information. Offer them a phone number they
can call to send a call to the box in question, and give them an IP
address and the !root password.

In other words, give them a ton of information.

> I will try to take this up with management next week...if I can get them
> to return calls.

I don't think you need to escalate this yet. If you feel you do, then by
all means do so. However, I think if you follow my advice above and
really get some concrete information support can use you'll get a
solution.

Chad Scott
Beta Engineer
Lucent Technologies