Re: (PM) Megahurts (hehe) vs. B17 code

Anthony Lemons (alemons@ovis.net)
Fri, 26 Jun 1998 08:48:58 -0400

At 08:55 AM 6/26/98 +0200, you wrote:
>I seem to be having the same set of problems here. Just tried dialing in
>to our PM3 with my Sportster (with kermit under unix, no PPP or anything).
>Got a CONNECT and then nothing. Pressing anything (enter, space, ...) does
>not produce anything on screen. Hung up and dialed again, got the expected
>login prompt. Hung up and dialed again, again only CONNECT and no login
>prompt. I haven't checked what the login shows up in "show session" but I
>guess it probably is @!. And it's really nasty: I just tried reproducing
>this problem, dialed in about 5 times and everytime got a login prompt. I
>guess it is Murphy playing with me....

Some could hang up and dial back and get connected. Others dialed back
numerous times with the same result...no login prompt and @!.

>As far as I can see, it happens in about 20% of the logins over here (but
>it seems like it is dependend on how many users are logged into the box,
>as right now it is rather empty and I cannot reproduce the problem). I'm
>just waiting for a really quiet moment to go back to 3.8b13, which was
>really stable for us.

I loaded B17 first thing in the morning and after rebooting noticed the
problem. 2 users were able to connect then a bunch of @! started showing up
in "show session". I tried to hang in there and see what was happening.
After more users were able to connect I still noticed the same problem
after about 12 people were successfully logged on.

Anthony