Re: (PM) COMOS 3.8b17 observations

Damir Sabol (damir@iskon.hr)
Thu, 25 Jun 1998 15:28:11 +0200

At 20:59 24/06/1998 +0200, Christian Schmit wrote:
>Hi,
>
>We tried COMOS 3.8b17 today on some of our PM3's.
>We are located in Europe and use an EURO-ISDN switch.

We are using the same here in Croatia. EURO-ISDN, 3.8b17.

>- Some people which connected without problems before
>(including me) can no longer connect because they receive
>the following error while connecting:
>(The modem negotiation seems not to be the problem)
>
>Under NT4: Remote PPP peer is not responding...
>Under Win95: Could not negotiate a compatible set of protocols....
>
>The modems used here were USR Sportster 28.8VI and ELSA Microlink
>28.8TQV. Sometimes they connect but mostly not.

We are having the same problem here. No problem with negotiation, but
when connection is established, modem is not receiving anything from PM3.
("0 bytes in").

We tried with Courier V.90 and some 33.6 modems. Sometimes it can
connect, but mostly not. After the reset, it was working fine for 7 hours,
then
it stopped. Now, after the second reset, it is working fine for 5 hours.

Damir Sabol
Iskon d.o.o.
Zagreb, Croatia
http://www.iskon.hr