RE: (PM) OSPF question

Mikael Hugo (mikael.hugo@dataphone.net)
Wed, 24 Jun 1998 22:26:00 +0200

If you are using a dial on demand location the route should remain in
that unit.

Dial on demand with multichassis pm3s are broken though.

If you open one channel on one box, and then another on the other it
keeps trying to establish a third connection on the first box under
heavy line load.

Also the connection fails if you connect with one line to the second
box. It establishes an Vx mcppp session but with no line on box 1 with
the location.

Really nasty and really broken.

I opened a ticket with livingston, but have as usual not heard a word in
quite a while.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Tsai [mailto:tim@futuresouth.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 24, 1998 11:08 AM
To: portmaster-users@livingston.com
Subject: (PM) OSPF question

We have OSPF setup between a Cisco router and two PM3's (newly upgraded
to b17 - mostly a testing pool).

Anyway, I assign myself a static IP in RADIUS and have noticed something
that I don't quite understand:

1) dial-up to ts1 and everything works good.
2) dial-up to ts2 and works fine again.

But, a traceroute for #2 shows the route going through ts1.

Shoudln't ts1 have automatically deleted the route once I disconnected?

Thanks,

Tim