Re: (PM) New COM os Beta GOTCHA's

Kyle Platts (kwplat1@uswest.com)
Wed, 24 Jun 1998 12:56:34 -0500

John Storms wrote:

> This is also why dialout SLIP is not working. To do
> dialout SLIP one needs to use scripts. I can't
> imagine why anyone would be doing dialout SLIP
> from an access concentrator.

Well, we run SLIP on a dial-out access concentrator. I manage a network
of probes that we use to help troubleshoot frame relay and on some
models we have to dial out to the probe and pull the data. The probe
only supports IP and SLIP, so I have to dial out to the locations and
run a script to set up a SLIP connection, then pull the data out of it.
Actually, the server goes and pulls it at 1am, so we use the access
concentrator to make it transparent to us users.

--
Kyle Platts
Network Engineer