Re: (PM) collisions

Dax Kelson (dkelson@inconnect.com)
Wed, 24 Jun 1998 11:50:41 -0600 (MDT)

On Wed, 24 Jun 1998, Carl Schrader wrote:

> I just upgraded to b17. For the last week or so I have been experiencing
> some slowness. Using PmVision I reset the collision counter. In about 5
> minutes I have 30 collisions. Not good. I was getting some collisions

Collisions are a normal part of ethernet. You can't determine one way or
another based on the info you provided, how can you say "not good".

You need:

(number of collisions) / (total number output packets) * 100 to get a
percentage

Anything higher than 7-10% isn't good.

Also, you have an ethernet switch installed don't you?

Dax Kelson
Internet Connect, Inc.