Re: (PM) BACP, b13 and Ascend (fwd)

Kevin A. Smith (kevin@ascend.com)
Tue, 23 Jun 1998 17:53:53 -0700

At 05:32 PM 6/23/98 -0700, MegaZone wrote:
>Once upon a time Jon Rust shaped the electrons to say...
>>No. According to Lucent, there are known issues with BACP in 3.8bxx.
>>Bummer.
>
>Remember Kevin Smith at Ascend tested against Lucent's BACP and pronounced
>it compatible and working a while ago. And I've seen users reporting it
>working too.

Yes, but there is working, and working. All we tested was that it would
connect and add/drop channels - nothing too complex. Jon is finding that
it works too - to some extent. According to Lucent Support, they have some
issues with it still....

>Also note that Ascend has had issues with BACP on various units.

...fixed now thanks!

Kevin Smith Ascend Communications...
Customer Satisfaction ...where Network Solutions never end.