Re: (PM) Modem connection difficulties

System Administration Staff (root@mwis.net)
Mon, 22 Jun 1998 16:48:53 -0500 (CDT)

Not quite - they have been able (in the past) to log on and off without
difficulty. Now, frequently, people will dial in, the modems will connect
and negotiate, etc., they will be logged on, and then they are unable to
"surf". It seems that they are able to transmit packets out (according to
both the little win95 lights and Amber connected to the pm3) but are
unable to receive any data. A traceroute from inside the network to
their modem dies at the pm3. Makes me think that the pm3 doesn't know
what to do with them. . .

- Steve