(PM) Integrated ISDN and Analog PM3s

Chris Panayis (chris@freedom2surf.net)
Sat, 20 Jun 1998 21:26:53 +0100

Hiya..

A few days ago Karl Denninger said...

>From: Karl Denninger <karl@Mcs.Net>
>
>People running "integrated" ISDN/analog are in for more trouble;
NEITHER
>of these releases is, IMHO, suitable for that environment right now.
We run
>split plant, and as it turns out that happens to be both important and
>good for us at the present time (or we'd be in a lot more serious
trouble).

We're running 3.7.2c3 and have started seeing some strange "lock-up"
probelms with our ISDN connections (and maybe modem - but haven't
managed to confim this yet). Everything will work fine and then suddenly
no, or very low amounts of traffic gets sent over ISDN. After a few
seconds (maybe 5 maybe up to 30-40 secs) eveything works fine again for
a few more minutes and then the same can happen again. These lock-ups
appear sporadic - sometimes everything works great for hours, other
times the problems are very frequent.....

I've not yet managed to find out what the problem is and then read the
email quoted above... What kind of troubles are you talking about????

Thanks

Chris Panayis
Freedom To Surf