Re: (PM) Mailing list devalued

Rick Smith (rsmith@nac.net)
Fri, 19 Jun 1998 15:57:10 -0400 (EDT)

On 19 Jun 1998, Chris Adams wrote:
> According to Mark Peugeot <mark@ptw.com>:
> >That's all fine and dandy... now tell that to lucent's marketing department.
> >We (the ISP's) did not announce support for V.90 before lucent did, The
> >blame for this whole mess belongs totally on lucent.
>
> No, the blame goes to the noisy ISPs that insisted on getting a date.
> They got a date, and then it didn't hold up. Now they are again
> insisting on a date. They also want someone to give them regular
> updates. That would take additional time away from code development.
> Sure, I'd like to know what's going on, but I'd rather they work on the
> code, not tell me about what they are doing.

Come on. Lucent's got thousands of programmers they could throw
at something like this. There's a LOT of political mess, I hear,
and that's what's actually holding things up.

As far as being "noisy", we're just insisting on getting the options
we've been promised and we're paying for. What're you doing besides
losing time, customers and money ?

> Chris Adams - cadams@ro.com
> I don't speak for anybody but myself - that's enough trouble.

obviously.