Re: (PM) CT-1 Down,,,

Mia's Virtual Post Office (list@mia.net)
Fri, 19 Jun 98 00:25:32 -0000

Jay Hennigan said on 6/19/98 4:50 AM

>On Thu, 18 Jun 1998, Mia's Virtual Post Office wrote:
>
>> Is it possible that the CSU in the PM3 is bad? I just had the Ameritech
>> Tech here a 11:30PM and we hooked a T-Berd up to the Smart jack and tried
>> serveral differnet configs, and sent serveral errors out, and all checked
>> out OK by the T-Berd. If the CSU is bad, where can I get another PM3 at
>> this hour? Me thinks Solunet is closed.
>
>It's possible. Ask the tech to plug the T-Berd into the PM-3 and test it
>in a manual loopback state. Also check and re-check the cables. Don't
>forget that T-1 uses pins 1,2,4, and 5, not 1,2,3, and 6 like 10-base-T.

Ok, so we plugged the T-Berd into the PM3 and nothing. We set the PM3 to
loopback on (manual) And the T-Berd Saw nothing, of course we did not
know what to look for or what to enter. And the tech had never done this
before (T-berd into PM3 that is)

What should I have seen?

>-- Jay Hennigan jay@west.net 805-884-6323 --
>WestNet: Internet service to Santa Barbara, Ventura and the world.

Ameritech, Our Link To Disaster

"On a day no different than the one now dawning, Leonardo drew the first
strokes of the Mona Lisa, Shakespeare wrote the first words of Hamlet, and
Beethoven began work on his Ninth Symphony." And Windows98 Crashed!