Re: (PM) CT-1 Down,,,

Chris Parker (cparker@starnetusa.net)
Thu, 18 Jun 1998 23:49:20 -0500

At 11:33 PM 6/18/98 +0000, Mia's Virtual Post Office wrote:
>Is it possible that the CSU in the PM3 is bad? I just had the Ameritech
>Tech here a 11:30PM and we hooked a T-Berd up to the Smart jack and tried
>serveral differnet configs, and sent serveral errors out, and all checked
>out OK by the T-Berd. If the CSU is bad, where can I get another PM3 at
>this hour? Me thinks Solunet is closed.

Were you able to loop up to the CSU in the PM3 with the T-Berd? You
can set a loop manually, via 'set line0 loopback on|off' or have the
telco do it. A T-Berd should be able to do that. Also, I'm assuming
you plugged the T-Berd into the same cat-5 you had plugged into the Line0
on the PM3?

About getting a PM3 this time of night? Highly doubtful. About the CSU
going bad, I had a situation just like this were it ended up taking about
13 hours of "proving" to the telco the PM3 wasn't the problem. Stick
with it, and don't back down. But be nice to the guy's who do the work.
Sales reps are the ones to light fires under. :)

-Chris

--
   \\\|||///  \  Chris Parker: Systems Administration and Development
   \ ~   ~ /   \   cparker@starnetusa.net   \   cparker@megapop.net
   | @   @ |    \    www.starnetusa.net      \    www.megapop.net
                  \ Without C we would have 'obol', 'basi', and 'pasal'