Re: (PM) set pool 0??

Jay Hennigan (jay@west.net)
Thu, 18 Jun 1998 21:24:42 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 18 Jun 1998, Jeff Halper wrote:

> I had this exact same problem!!
> It was a bad line from Pac Bell - they switched it and all is well.
>
> Here's a trick I did to prove it to them.
>
> sh line0 - mine was good
> sh line1 - mine was crappy, like your line0
>
> So - I switched the 2 lines, making 1 become 0

You need to be a bit careful with this, although it is indeed a good means
of troubleshooting. However, the PM3 appears to derive its clocking for
the whole box from line0. So, if line1 is good but line0 is not, you may
see bad to horrible performance on line1 as well.

Likewise, if you only have one active line, make it line0.

-- Jay Hennigan jay@west.net 805-884-6323 --
WestNet: Internet service to Santa Barbara, Ventura and the world.