Re: (PM) set pool 0??

Jeff Halper (jefflist@ihot.com)
Thu, 18 Jun 1998 21:09:27 -0700 (PDT)

I had this exact same problem!!

It was a bad line from Pac Bell - they switched it and all is well.

Took at least a week to get them to acknowledge the errors, though.

Here's a trick I did to prove it to them.

(I also did the sh line 0 and sh line1 every hour, saved the results for
documentation.)

sh line0 - mine was good

sh line1 - mine was crappy, like your line0

So - I switched the 2 lines, making 1 become 0

The errors stayed with the telco line, not with the portmaster3.

-Jeff

On Thu, 18 Jun 1998, Mia's Virtual Post Office wrote:

> mia.net> sh line0
> ---------------------- line0 - T1 Inband DS0 ---------------

> * Loopback *
> Signaling: Trunk E&M wink start
>
> Receive Level: -7.5dB to -15dB
>
> Alarms Violations
> ----------------------------- -----------------------------
> Blue 7 Bipolar 704382
> *Yellow 3 CRC Errors 2
> Receive Carrier Loss 1 Multiframe Sync 211618
> Loss of Sync 5
>
> mia.net>
>
> Help! We have been down for over 4 hrs and the phone company as usually
> says its the PM3's fault.. I dont think so.
>
> This is where we are at right now. (see above) They claim that they do
> not get a signal from the CSU. Nothing has changed here. Any ideas
>
> thanx,
> jer
>
> Ameritech, Our Link To Disaster
>
> "On a day no different than the one now dawning, Leonardo drew the first
> strokes of the Mona Lisa, Shakespeare wrote the first words of Hamlet, and
> Beethoven began work on his Ninth Symphony." And Windows98 Crashed!
>
> -
> To unsubscribe, email 'majordomo@livingston.com' with
> 'unsubscribe portmaster-users' in the body of the message.

Jeff Halper
Internet Hotline
408/881-1000 fax 408-293-3456
http://www.ihot.com