RE: (PM) Stable v.90

I don't work for Lucent RABU (livingston@iav.com)
Wed, 17 Jun 1998 18:13:16 -1000 (HST)

On Thu, 18 Jun 1998, Mikael Hugo wrote:

> >I wouldn't call the compression card non-essential, at least
> not for ISDN
> >customers.
>
> I would call it non essentiel under the circumstaces. The
> V90/K56Flex code is more important at this moment.

This is getting very tedious people! Granted the majority of the users on
this list are ISP owners/technicians/resellers. This does NOT mean that
the majority are such. I don't know personally, but this is the
impression that I've gotten regarding some issues I've personally asked
about. So if the larger market is running great on ComOS 3.7.2c3 or
similar then Lucent RABU will want to use their resources to do all the
'features' and get everything working at once. BTW, why push for v.90 if
Rockwell interoperability is still hazy?

> Restoring basic K56Flex and implementing V90 is what most people
> want. The ISDN connections work without STAC - Modemsupport doesent work
> with broken code and the users are pushing very hard for V90.

Again which version of v.90? v.90 will be a standard, yet that standard
is up to interpretation... why else would there be inter-operability tests
between the 'majors'?

/me asks everyone to stand up and take a deep breath
let that breath out slowly......

Now let's get on with life....

8( I want Brood Wars NOW!!!! hehe, okay so this is a Starcraft
reference.....

--
Aloha from Paradise,

Sherwood