Re: (PM) Stable v.90

Jeff Woods (jwoods@delta.com)
Wed, 17 Jun 1998 15:20:20 -0400

At 01:32 PM 6/17/98 -0500, you wrote:

>The "non-public" version is easily the best around right now EXCEPT for the
>one crippling problem. If Lucent will STOP SCREWING AROUND with trying to
>get other things working in that version, fix this ONE problem (which can't
>be all that hard to do, as this is a new bug and WAS working in all versions
>we've had, public beta and private, for a long time) and get that out to
>people the 90% percentile of trouble should be fixed.

Karl, I'm no insider, and have never run a Lucent non-beta version, public
or not, but from what I read here, Lucent does seem to be mucking around
with more than just the v.90 and v.34 code here, trying to get WAN cards,
compression cards, and other non-ESSENTIAL items working.

Lucent, RELIABLE v.90 and v.34 are all that the VAST majority of us care
about. Please don't worry about other things. Fix SLIP, fix v.34, and get
v.90 interoperable, and release that WITHOUT the other features, which can
wait for 3.8.1, IMO. Thanks!