Re: (PM) Stable v.90

Scott Drassinower (scottd@cloud9.net)
Wed, 17 Jun 1998 14:28:36 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 17 Jun 1998, Tim Tsai wrote:

> Well said. However, isn't this is what the customers are asking Lucent
> RABU to do? To keep the customers informed? This is almost amusing.

Lucent is telling people they are working on the problems, which are
known, and that there will be a release made available when they feel
comfortable that they will not create more problems. Some of the problems
are interoperability issues with other vendors, which have been discussed.
Not all of the problems have been discussed in detail (in terms of what is
causing the problems or what the fix is), but that doesn't mean that you
are not being kept informed.

"We know there is a problem, we are working on it, please be patient" is
very different from no reply or "it will be fixed when b20 is released on
6/1" and then having 6/1 come and go.

--
 Scott M. Drassinower					    scottd@cloud9.net
 Cloud 9 Consulting, Inc.			       	     White Plains, NY