Re: (PM) * HEY! Lucent RABU!! *

Andrew Doolittle (andy@livingston.com)
Tue, 16 Jun 1998 18:49:37 -0700

At 02:55 PM 6/16/98 -0500, jason_port wrote:
>So - is anyone from Lucent reading these messages?

Yep.

>ALL I WANT is some info. I know that asking for release dates is fairly
>pointless, but I WOULD like more insight into what is HAPPENING.
>
>It has been a long period of silence, with no new beta releases. WHAT
>are you guys working on? Can you at least give us a few tidbits? I
>posted a messge recently stating that simple updates on the situation,
>like every week or two, would do a LOT for all of us using
>Livingston/Lucent equipment.

OK, but you won't like it. We're working on it. When we think it's fixed,
we'll release an open beta. You can request being in on the closed beta,
*if* we do one, and *if* there's room (which I doubt, but don't know).

>I think the point was made recently that Livingston often took awhile
>since their resources were less and the people fewer than perhaps they'd
>like. And the followup point was now that Lucent is in control,
>shouldn't you guys have resources coming out of your ears? AT LEAST
>enough to give us a bit of news on how things are going?

Resources, yes. Engineers, no. Got a resume? Note the lack of 8-)

>Heck, I'd even be happy to have a Lucent person say "Jesus Christ!
>Things are going so badly that it'll take us until after Christmas to
>have v.90!" That, at least, would be a bit of insight, instead of
>complete silence...

"Jesus Christ! Things are going so badly that it'll take us until after
Christmas to have v.90!" (well, at least I made him happy 8-) (and no,
they're not)

>Whaddya think, Lucent?
>
>(Pardon my ranting tone - I'm sure I'm frustated today since the bloody
>local phone company just *ACCIDENTALLY* turned all our phone lines off.
>They'll "try" to fix the problem. JESUS!)

Reasonably sure we didn't do that.

>Jason Byrns
>Dial-Up Services Manager
>ispi of Lincoln
>-
>To unsubscribe, email 'majordomo@livingston.com' with
>'unsubscribe portmaster-users' in the body of the message.

andy
++++

NOC Advocate andy@livingston.com
Lucent Technologies, Remote Access Business Unit (510)737-2151
4464 Willow Road http://www.livingston.com
Pleasanton, CA 94588 http://www.lucent.com