Re: (PM) piece of junk

Jon Lewis (jlewis@inorganic5.fdt.net)
Mon, 15 Jun 1998 23:40:44 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 15 Jun 1998, Dennis D. Baker, Jr wrote:

> I have only "tried" once to deal with Cisco's support so far and the
> only thing the guy could tell me was to buy a book, take classes, or
> purchase their SNMP config program which I have only found to run in the
> mid 3k range.

Did you have a SmartNet contract? SmartNet support is generally pretty
good (though overpriced). Cisco router configuration isn't exactly rocket
science...and I like the control you get over things like route-maps.

Cisco access-server configuration is a whole different ball game though.
I was really happy to send our AS5300 back and get a stack of PM3's
instead.