Re: (PM) Why use ISDN PRI over Channelized T1?

Mark Peugeot (mark@ptw.com)
Sat, 13 Jun 1998 08:53:57 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
Another Opinion on CT-1 vs ISDN. If your phone co supports DOV on
CT-1, then I would might choose the CT-1 over PRI because of the extra
2 lines. Most of my ISDN users care not that they have 56k vs 64k ISDN,
because they get the voice calls free on DOV calls. If the price of ISDN was
really just about the same for CT-1, I would consider ISDN over CT-1 for a
couple of reasons, however in GTE, a PRI is 2x the cost of a CT-1.

Thats my 2 cents.

Mark

PS - There were no connectivity importments noted on our ISDN lines.