Re: (PM) Slow Throughput

I don't work for Lucent RABU (livingston@iav.com)
Thu, 11 Jun 1998 14:46:56 -1000 (HST)

On Thu, 11 Jun 1998, Robert Hough wrote:

> At 12:12 PM 6/11/98 -0700, you wrote:
> >What types of connections and speeds are the users complaining getting?
> >Are the V.34 connects are K56Flex/V.90? Etc. What were you using >before
> 3.8-v90b14 and did it have the same problem?
>
> They get good connections. On our end, we show 31.2, and 33.6 very
> frequently. However, some people think it's just slower, like some form of
> latency issue or something. I'm not too sure as of yet, I just threw that
> up in the air, to see if anyone else has had the same types of complaints.
> This way, I could determine how much time I should actually spend on this.
> We've used 3.7.2, 3.7.2c3, 3.8b15. I'm not sure about the throughput on
> the others, however, we've had less connection success with the others as
> well.

Hmm, find out from the 'fanatics' what they are doing that gives that
impression. It could possibly a saturated network, if you don't have the
PM3s on an ether switch.

We don't have quite a saturated network (I've been too lazy to put in our
3com switch) and have a not great collision rate 8( yet, we have people
switch to us because the latency is better for quake and other online
games...

--
Aloha from Paradise,

Sherwood