RE: (PM) ISP SETUP (fwd)

MegaZone (megazone@megazone.org)
Thu, 11 Jun 1998 12:38:47 -0700 (PDT)

Once upon a time J.P. Racine shaped the electrons to say...
> I received this message in my inbox as well.
>I think that someone has a list of users on this
>list and is ??reselling?? it to this guy.

More like they're harvesting from the list - I bet people who got this
posted at some point. There are many archives of this list, it would be
trivial to glom an archive, then use Perl or the like to grab anything that
looked like an email address.

The 'who' feature on Lucent RABU's majordomo was disabled a long time ago.
Only the list admin can get it, and Lucent is not in the business of
reselling their mailing lists.

-MZ

--
<URL:mailto:megazone@megazone.org> Gweep, author, webmaster, human being, me
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men" 781-788-0130