Re: (PM) ComOS 3.7.2

Josh Richards (jrichard@livingston.com)
Thu, 11 Jun 1998 12:35:32 -0700 (PDT)

On 10 Jun 1998, Abdul-Jalil Kanaan wrote:

> Hi;
>
> I am running now ComOS 3.3.1 and I want to upgrade to 3.7.2. However, In
> ComOS 3.7.2 Release Note says
> "*** NOTE! If the upgrade fails, do NOT reboot! Contact Lucent***
> *** Technical Support Without rebooting***
>
> I am wondering if any body has problem in updgrading.

That is a standard warning that has always been in there. Upgrading from
3.3.1-->3.7.2 is fine, I believe the you just have to be running at least
3.0.4 before going up to 3.7.2. The warning is to let you know that if
something does go wrong and you aren't comfortable or haven't had to to a
netboot before, etc. than you can call support. It is *not* implying
anything will happen. :)

-jr

----
Josh Richards - <jrichard@livingston.com> - <josh@lucent.com>
[Beta Engineer] - LUCENT Technologies - Remote Access Business Unit
<URL:http://www.livingston.com/> * <URL:http://www.lucent.com/dns/>