Re: (PM) Slow Throughput

Josh Richards (jrichard@livingston.com)
Thu, 11 Jun 1998 12:12:14 -0700 (PDT)

On 10 Jun 1998, Robert Hough wrote:

> I was just wondering if anyone has noticed any slow, or sluggish throughput
> with the pm3 when connected via modem? I've had a few people complain that
> it 'feels' slower than when they connect to our pm2 & mp16's... Connect
> rates are high, and seem very stable. Any comments on this would be
> appreciated. We are running ComOS 3.8-v90b14, which was suggested to us by
> a lucent engineer. Personally, I think as a whole the system is running
> great, but any insight into this would appreciated. Are people delusional,
> or is there a real problem here?

What types of connections and speeds are the users complaining getting?
Are the V.34 connects are K56Flex/V.90? Etc. What were you using before
3.8-v90b14 and did it have the same problem?

-jr

----
Josh Richards - <jrichard@livingston.com> - <josh@lucent.com>
[Beta Engineer] - LUCENT Technologies - Remote Access Business Unit
<URL:http://www.livingston.com/> * <URL:http://www.lucent.com/dns/>