(PM) v.90 code

Michael Alfinito (mike@integrityonline11.com)
Tue, 9 Jun 1998 17:56:57 +0100

What is the v.90 code and where can I get a copy of it my users can't =
log on with anything higher then 28.800 I really need to figure this =
problem out fast I am using pm3's=20

-----Original Message-----
From: Mia's Virtual Post Office [SMTP:list@mia.net]
Sent: Tuesday, June 09, 1998 9:18 PM
To: Rick Kunze; portmaster-users@livingston.com
Subject: Re: (PM) v.90

Rick Kunze uttered...

>Just wondering if everyone is happy with the v90 code for the PM3. =
I've
>held off so far, but am considering giving it a go.
>
>Also, (this may be an old question) will customers with USR Sportsters =
(for
>instance) get v90 speeds when I upgrade my PM's to the v90 code?

works great for us! As the USR users, out of about 200+ using USR v.90=20
modems only one had a major problem. (USR's code is sh*t!) After 2=20
hours of trying to explain that to him he finnally called USR and they=20
confirmed (it is sh*t!) this guy was running Win98beta, and v.90 so he=20
should have expected to experience problems. The good thing though is=20
that once he flashed down his modem was faster uploading and downloading =

than at v.90 and notably faster than his previous provider who sported a =

USR set up. I'm pretty happy. I think it works great, aside from the=20
annonyance of the admin logins from the telnet sessions!

jer

Ameritech, Our Link To Disaster

"On a day no different than the one now dawning, Leonardo drew the first
strokes of the Mona Lisa, Shakespeare wrote the first words of Hamlet, =
and
Beethoven began work on his Ninth Symphony." And Windows98 Crashed!