Re: (PM) Stuck Modems on PM2E

Chad Scott (chads@livingston.com)
Tue, 9 Jun 1998 10:38:33 -0700 (PDT)

On 9 Jun 1998, Chad Schwartz wrote:

> Wouldn't that be why USR *RECALLED* units with those power supplies,
> years ago? :)

We were told our units were fine and we needed a support contact to have
them repaired. Of the two units that they agreed were under warranty,
they wouldn't cross-ship us replacements so we had to be out 16 lines.

This was a year or two ago, so the memory is a little fuzzy. I just
remember looking at the MP/16s and cringing. They may be fantastic units
now, but the absolute lack of customer service in the past makes me
wonder.

Chad Scott
Beta Engineer
Lucent Technologies