Re: (PM) PMVision Suite of Tools

Joe Hartley (jh@metheny.brainiac.com)
Mon, 8 Jun 1998 10:08:57 -0400 (EDT)

Andrew Doolittle <andy@livingston.com> wrote:
> >It's a problem for me - I'm still running SunOS 4.1.4 on the IPX here
> >at home, and Sun's specifically not got a JRE for that OS. Looks like
> >I'm limited to the (shudder) Windoze box for this.
>
> I think we're running with a SunOS VM here for testing - I'll try to find
> out which one.

I managed to get kaffe 0.10.0 installed and running the basic tests on the
Sun, but that still leaves me dependent on Windoze for Amber, since none
of the VM's for SunOS handle graphic environments.

Now that I have kaffe running, if you'd like me to try out the tools, drop
me email off the list.

BTW, note attributions: Roy's the one with strong feelings on the GUI's,
I'm the one complaining about a move to a Java VM making Lucent customers
dependent on having a VM ported to their platform :)