Re: (PM) Administrative Logins

John W Baxter (jwblist@olympus.net)
Sun, 7 Jun 1998 11:59:35 -0700

At 13:47 -0500 6/6/98, Jake Messinger wrote:
>> New to the list, so bear w/ me if this has been addressed.
>>
>> Using Portmaster 2e's. Since they only allow 4 administrative logins,
>> how do you close logins w/out rebooting the machine if for instance,
>> connection is lost for some reason, and PM still shows connections. If
>> it retains all 4 connection status, you can't login remotely w/out
>> physically rebooting.
>
>2 ways i know of:
>1. use pmcommand, to log in and do a sh netconn to see the netconnections,
>then any that ...well wait a minute... pmcommand seems to do a telnet.
>
>If you still have dip switch 1 up, using it for a diag port, attach a null
>modem and log in, do a sh netconn and reset n# where # is the network
>connection you wanna kill, like the 23s or the 1643's.

Plus the scarey way (because it's more open):

Dial in with a terminal program, log in as !root, and do the
show netconn
reset n###
bit.

This one is useful if you've let all four sessions go stale.

--John

--
John Baxter   jwblist@olympus.net      Port Ludlow, WA, USA
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.  Teach him to fish,