Re: (PM) PMVision Suite of Tools

Robert Boyle (robert@garden.net)
Sat, 06 Jun 1998 21:35:36 -0400

At 09:21 PM 6/6/98 -0400, you wrote:
>> Executive summary: Livingston is dropping support for text mode
>> utilities. Those of us that have to use text mode are screwed.
>
>Son of a bitch ... I have been hitting delete automatically for this
>thread, but this got my attention enough so I read on.
>
>I do not give a damn about pmconsole or Amber or pmcommand. However,
>if a GUI tool becomes a requirement for initializing/configuring a PM,
>I will be looking for another vendor.
>
>pm_install's menu is as "graphical" as I care to get.

Dick,

Please read the rest of the thread. The post you replied to is totally
alarmist. command line utilities will still be supported, but now they are
written in Java instead of C. Download a JRE and you can use the latest &
greatest CLI tools.

-Robert

Robert Boyle Server Co-location,
Garden Networks Internet Access,
50 Diller Ave Development & Consulting
Newton, NJ 07860 (973)300-9211 Ext.103
8AM-8PM Mon-Fri EST http://www.garden.net
Lucent RABU & Software.Com Post.Office VAR